JEVIC stands for Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Certificate, its pre-shipment inspection and certification provided by JEVIC Co. Ltd., in Japan.
It’s a Japanese based company providing certifications against the used vehicles in various forms since 2001. It is located in all major ports in Japan like in Kawasaki (Tokyo Bay) Nagoya, Yokohama, Osaka and Hakata. They are also having their branch offices in New Zealand & Singapore. JEVIC have such strict ways of inspecting used vehicles that some countries have made it mandatory to have the JEVIC certificate along with the used vehicle importing to their country.
Criteria of JEVIC inspection
Exterior of Vehicle under inspection should have
1. No corrosion (if so this must be painted e.g. painting with chassis black (paint).
2. No repair that detracts from the general appearance of the car (such as taping)
3. No damage that exceeds an area greater than the 1/4 of a panel in size.
Even if it is not mentioned above, the car is failed when it has a hole in the panel.
4. No sharp or dangerous projections (including broken antenna, etc.)
5. No missing or loose parts.
6. Doors to be able to open and close smoothly, be able to lock.
7. All components must be fixed firmly.
8. Power operated doors to be able to operate manually.
9. Draught excluders and weather rubbers are present and working
10. Sliding doors are able to be secured in the open position
1. All door and ceiling linings and any upholstery are free from damage (such as open tears and staining) in excess of 10 cm for passenger vehicles or 30 cm for commercial vehicles
2. Not containing a large amount of rubbish.
3. Components are not to have any deterioration, looseness, and other excessive damage
4. To be equipped with safety belts that function correctly with no corrosion (if so, must be painted with chassis black paint)
5. No corrosion (if so, must be painted with chassis black paint)
1. No corrosion (if so this must be painted with chassis black paint) excluding areas predetermined to rust (only unprotected from manufacture. e.g. differential case).
2. No leakage of water, oil, fuel and tear’s of the boots or bushes, loose mounts.
3. Shock absorbers operate normally.
1. No leakage or excessive noise
1. Correct size for the vehicle, without cracking, bulging or tear in the fabric which is more than 25 mm longer or 10% of tread width.
2. All treads need to be more than 1.6 mm, fixed to the vehicle firmly, Correctly inflated.
1. No fluid leakage including water, oil, or fuel
2. Not containing a large amount of rubbish
3. No excessive noise or vibration and mechanisms functioning correctly.
4. No corrosion (if so, must be painted e.g. painting with chassis black paint)
5. No excessive deterioration or damage to the belts
6. No fluid leakage from the battery, all wiring and cables to be properly fixed.
1. All functioning correctly
2. All bulbs working
3. No warning lamps to remain on after the engine is started
4. Air condition, Power window, Horn must function correctly
1. All bulbs working
2. Switches functioning correctly,
3. No damage to lenses such as cracks, etc
1. Rear reflectors need to be colored in red
2. Front or middle reflectors be colored in orange
3. Securely attached
1. To be able to retract backwards, able to be stowed, securely attached and operating correctly.
1. Function correctly in accordance with switch operation.
2. No corrosion or excessive lack of wiping.
After such detail checking of each and every part a detail report is made and a certificate is issued. JEVIC inspection enables the buyer to be 100% sure of what he is importing. This is an amazing facility to enable buyers around the world to check the used cars condition without visiting Japan. JEVIC has boosted used car export industry in a great way.
Most reliable and reputed exporters of used car in Japan stock JEVIC certified vehicles for faster delivery of best quality cars.
Article Resource Box: