How can cash-strapped students have a grand holiday abroad? It is not really such a crazy idea! If you want to explore the world and get the most out of your journeys on a tight student budget, there are smart strategies to work and travel your way around the world. The only way you can do this is by earning while you party and experience new cultures. If you have the guts, ingenious plans and tricks, this can actually end up rather well.
The strategy is simple: find odd jobs in every place you plan to stay. There are some basic tips that you can adopt to ensure your success and safety.
• Build dreams around facts. This means doing the research. Finding out what about the different possible destinations that you want to explore. The Internet is such a useful tool to do all of the research you want to do. Each country or specific place of destination can teach you possibilities and options.
• Identify odd jobs and other strategies. Find and access the right jobs through the websites. Most establishments and businesses these days already maintain an Internet presence. If you want to go to Europe, search for websites offering odd jobs to students who are smartly accessing strategies to work and travel your way around the world.
• Make work and travel plans. Planning can help you make your dream a reality. Your plan must include where and when you want to go as well as the logistics. What preliminary preparations do you need to do to – visa, money and credit cards, airline tickets, contacts, sponsors, etc?
• What are some of the possible odd jobs for students?
1. Odd jobs at Backpackers Hostel – These are inexpensive places where travelers stay for a day or two. Those who stay longer and need a job usually end up asking these hostels if they can provide them free board, lodging, and a small allowance to tide them over until they can find a better-paying job to help them pay their way through their “working holidays.” This who prove handy around with the hostel maintenance, good in social relations with guests and who speak good English plus another language, stand to have better prospects.
2. Summer Camps and Au Pairs – Summer camps are everywhere since America got the wheels rolling about forty years ago. The job of a nanny has a very big demand wherever you may go. If you like working around with young charges or being young yourself, you have their energy; you might just land a job at these summer camps or homes with young wards. If you like fun and love kids, you might just have a blast doing this job and a fantastic way of earning to pay your way to your next destination.
3. Fruit Picking – This is a great odd job for you if you are from the metropolis and you are looking for some experience of a farm life. The work is hard with measly salary but it can provide a free sleeping quarters and meals as you explore and live the local culture. Imagine picking graves in a vineyard in Southern France, picking cherries in Canada, harvesting strawberries in England, and more. If these sound like fun to you, you just found another way to keep you on your world tour.
There are many other ways to keep you on the road for to savor more cultures, garner more experiences, and meet new friends. If you can find smart strategies to work and travel your way around the world, this will be the start of your dreams coming true.