Being pregnant may make you feel like hiding your figure under over-sized clothing and letting your beauty habits go, but doing just the opposite will leave you feeling much better emotionally. Here are a few ideas that will keep your confidence up and your fashion-sense "in" for the nine months you will be pregnant.
1. Properly fitting fashion. Wear clothing that makes room for your belly, without looking like you put on a pop-tent! Designer maternity clothing, or even regular items just a few sizes up, can look great on you while still keeping you comfortable. Add accessories to emphasize your best points and keep your sense of fashion alive and kicking.
2. All great shoes are not high-heeled. Of course you can't run around in six inch stilettos, but you can find comfortable shoes that accent every outfit. Look for comfort and support in shoes that have a flair and are complementary to clothes.
3. Maintain a great skin care routine. With all those hormones raging, you need to take extra care of your skin. Stick with your regular line of products that are suitable to your skin type and use them daily. Although the extra effort may be sometimes tough to manage, your complexion is too important to neglect.
4. Be extra gentle to your hair. It's so easy to toss it up in a pony-tail and forget about it for nine months, but by the time you have your baby, your hair will be in shambles. Clean and condition well, then brush it thoroughly. Why not invest in a few new hair pieces that make styling simple and easy, like large clips or loose-fitting head bands that keep it all back?
5. Make sure you get enough sleep. The fastest way to start looking like a haggled mess is to deprive yourself of sufficient sleep; go to bed an hour early to get extra rest and if possible, get little naps in during the day. It's not only important to your appearance, but to your general health (and sanity) as well.
6. Make water your number one beauty treatment. It's necessary even when you're not carrying a baby; imagine how important it is when you are! Avoid beverages with caffeine and sugar, opting for beneficial water instead. It will show in your skin quality and fuel you in other ways as well.
7. Dental care. Taking care of your smile will avoid ending up with nine months worth of yellowing later, and oral health is important while you're pregnant. Ask your dentist about high-maintenance products that are safe for baby or make a few extra appointments with him to keep your pearly-whites shining and healthy.
8. Try to shave regularly. Although it will become challenging toward the end of your pregnancy, keeping your skin smooth is a big part of feeling beautiful, whilst stubble is not! Look into treatments that will last longer than shaving if necessary, like professional waxing or home kits.
9. Relax more often than not. Easing tension is part of normal beauty regimens, and while you're pregnant, it takes on a new priority. Make sure you take the time to meditate and put stress in its place.
10. Abbreviate your beauty regimen. Maybe you won't be able to keep up a full-time beauty routine, but that doesn't mean you should neglect yourself completely. Find ways to do more in less time and in fewer steps. Ask a friend to help or visit a spa or salon more often; keep your gorgeous going and your confidence high!
Don't let yourself go just because you're pregnant; it's the most beautiful time of your life! Self-esteem is very important now and the little things you do for yourself will add up in big ways.