Weight Loss From The Comfort Of Your Own Home
A lot of people think they need to go to a gym in order for them to start seeing weight loss. The truth is, you can lose weight right at home in ways you may not have thought of. Here are just a few things you can do today to start losing weight without ever leaving your house.
1. Get out of your kitchen. A lot of people structure their days around their meals. They do things after breakfast, before lunch, or after dinner. Stop defining life in terms of what you will eat. You eat to fuel your body, and while it can be enjoyable to eat, you have to keep in mind what food is for. If you want to lose weight, you need to stop thinking about it so much.
2. Use smaller plates than you are used to. If you have a big plate, you will eat more. That is the simple fact. However, if you have a smaller plate, you will have less room to put food on your plate; therefore, you are going to eat less.
3. Stop drinking your calories. A lot of people figure that if they are on a diet, they can't eat certain foods. However, they feel just fine about drinking juices and soda. Most beverages that are not milk and water have little nutritional value, and simply offer sugar and calories. Juice can contain vitamins and minerals, but you have to be very careful with juice. Some juices only contain 15% actual juice and are full of high fructose corn syrup and other sugars. If you want vitamins and minerals, stick to eating fruits that contain them, or supplements.
4. Drink eight to 10 cups of water everyday. Your body is made up of 60-70% water, so you have to replenish that water every day to flush toxins. Water is needed for every cellular function, so it is important to make sure you have enough water. Water also helps you feel full, especially if you have a glass before you eat; you will be less likely to eat a lot.
5. Get enough sleep. If you sleep eight to ten hours every night, your body has the ability to regenerate and to rejuvenate itself. Studies have proven that lack of sleep is tied to weight gain. If you deprive yourself of sleep, you are more likely to eat junk food, as you won't feel awake enough or motivated enough to cook as you might otherwise.
6. Talk to other people who are losing weight. It is easier to go through the weight loss journey if you are doing it with other people. Join a group online for those who are losing weight. You will get support, and you will be able to ask questions when you feel discouraged or hit a plateau.
7. Exercise. Exercise is the best thing you can do for losing weight. Get up and vacuum your carpet. Head up and down the stairs. Do a few crunches during commercials of your favorite show. Moving burns calories, which will lead to weight loss.
You can lose weight even when you're at home; use the tips laid out here to get you started!