If you are tired of being the scrawny guy on the beach and are interested in bulking up, you will definitely need to pick one of the body building diets to accomplish this. Along with your beefed up work outs you need to eat healthy food packed with all the right stuff to help your body gain all the lean muscle mass you want and do it safely.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
1. To gain weight and bulk up, you need to eat, eat, eat. Five to eight small meals a day. This means you will have to eat every two to three hours while you are awake. You may have to plan your diets for bodybuilding meals out and prepare them in advance so you are not stopping every few hours to fix something to eat. If it is already fixed, all you have to do is grab it and go.
2. Make sure in your planning you have plenty of lean meats included in your diet. The lean protein will help you build lean muscle and you need lots of it. The best rule of thumb is to eat one gram of protein for every pound of body weight every day. So if you weigh 180 pounds you will need to consume 180 grams of protein in a day.
So, if you eat six meals you need 30 grams of protein at each meal. This may seem like a lot but it really isn't since you can get twice that amount (60 grams) from a 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast.
3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Most of your carb intake must come from fruits and vegetables. As you get into your eating plan you may be able to include some of those "other" carbs in the meals you eat right before or right after your work outs. Stay smart though, and keep the "other" carbs as healthy as possible. Some healthier "other" carbs are oatmeal, rice, and sweet potatoes.
4. Your body needs fats to function properly. You need to include healthy fats in your diet and take in about 25% each day. If you are on a 3000 calorie a day eating plan then 750 calories per day has to be healthy fats. Healthy fats are the ones found in fish, olive oil, avocado oil and flaxseed oil. Break that down to your six meals and you need 125 calories from fats at each meal. Read your labels or find a calorie counter to use to calculate your calories.
5. Drink lots of water or no calorie drinks. You can drink those high protein drinks only right after your work out.
6. Keep a food log to make sure you are meeting your calorie goals every day. Try to gain 1-2 pounds per week. If after two weeks you are not gaining as much as you want you may have to increase your daily calories slightly. Reassess after you increase your calories every two weeks and adjust as necessary.
This is one of the best diets for bodybuilding you can find. Plan ahead to make it easier and get busy bulking up.